Story, Plot and Narrative
The art and science of telling stories for this digital age
This FOUNDATIONAL course helps you go beyond relaying what happened to TELLING A STORY WELL. Although called “digital” storytelling, greater emphasis is placed on SCRIPTING. Digital Storytelling, sometimes called “the baby brother of filmmaking,” is a non-geek storyteller’s doorway into the wonderful world of turning stories into multimedia. The Digital Storytelling process is useful for:
- First-person stories (stories told from the storyteller’s point-of-view)**
- Articulating an Organisation’s Brand Story
- Team Building
- And much more
Your Workshop Project
At the workshop, you will tell a story – it could be a personal story or work related story. .
In the process of creating your masterpieces, enter the world of stories where the storytellers and listeners are allowed to enter the mind, heart and emotions of human experience. Be it a personal story or a business story, we are all people who want to relate with people. Laugh. Cry. Live.
Creating your story will also bring clarity on Story, Plot and Narrative. You will also understand the process of putting a video together. Very useful knowledge when you are in Corporate Comms and need to work with the videographer/media producer you have outsourced your video project to.
Here are two very different kinds of digital stories created at a Tyros Workshop
Music for a Cause by Geraldine Ong
Educator, Nanyang Polytechnic
Why Me? by Serene Annabelle Mai
Head, Corporate Communications and Branding
NTUC Health Cooperative Ltd
In this 2-day course, we will focus on how to brand yourself and create an impactful 1-minute video pitch.
At the workshop, you will:
- Discover Seven time-tested Stories you could tell
- The Art and Science of Telling Stories. Your story can go on either of these two tracks
- How to craft your Brand Story so it moves the heart and persuades the mind
- How to tell a Personal Story that can move hearts.
- Learn your Story Coach’s 8 secret ingredients that make Great Digital Stories
- Use our guided 5-Step template to Write Scripts for the digital storytelling genre
- You will be coached to SHOW not tell
- You will do a Storyboard – that’s when you transform your written script (something you read) into something multisensory… with music, voice, pace, rhythm, pictures, moving images
- How to articulate your voiceover
- You learn Story Production for non-Geeks
You will also learn to use WeVideo, an amazingly powerful entry-level cloud video editing tool.
- Hassle-free royalty-free music for your story
- Motion Titles
- Control over Audio level
Who Should Attend?
- Subject experts and specialist who want to introduce their work or passion
- Non-Geeks who need to communicate in this digital age
- Marketing, Sales and PR Professionals
- Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, Communicators @Non-Profit Organisations
- Digital and Social Media Specialists (Get better at content creation!)
- Educators, Learning and Development Heads
- Leaders, Managers, Supervisors
- HR Specialists, Training Management
Anyone who needs to communication in this FaceBook, Instagram, WhatsApp world
- Level – Foundational
- Prerequisite – If you already know how to handle PowerPoint, you should be able to handle the WeVideo.
- To make the most of our time together, it would be best if you complete on a pre-workshop assignment which will be sent to you. The guided questions will get you thinking about who you are and what your story is
- Date – Fri & Mon, 24 & 27 Aug 2018 (2 days)
- Time – 9 am to 5 pm
- Location – Menon Network [MAP]
Level 28 Gateway East
152 Beach Road
- Your Investment – S$695 (You’re worth it!)
Your Investment includes a 2-week Complimentary Access to Premium Features in WeVideo, an online video editing tool. This will enable you to enjoy Premium feature not found in the free WeVideo account, including privacy control and higher quality videos. It also means you have time to refine your video after the workshop.
Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement on completion of the Course. (Hmm… Actually, the real certificate is when your share your story for the world to see or to the ONE person the story was created for.)
PLEASE BRING YOUR LAPTOP. Experience has shown that participants learn better using their own laptops. It will allow you to seamlessly continue refining your work after the workshop.
If you are using a company laptop, please be sure to have your IT department unlock any security features that may limit access to the internet or downloading of files. Laptops are also available for rent if you inform us when you register for the workshop.
We will be sending you a pre-workshop welcome with reminders and other information you will need to maximise your learning experience at the workshop.